Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Subway Poster




A poster for Drawn in Brooklyn with the cover image from Big Red Lollipop is on my local subway platform. For some reason I am enormously excited about this. I may not be in The New Yorker, but I'm on the subway!! I am also quite certain it is only a matter of time before the poster is defaced... I can't wait. I think fangs and a moustache would work nicely. Also, a few feet along was this companion piece. Note the recurring lollipop motif?

10 comments:

Maia said...

Nice! Heh.

hanameow said...

Very sweet! F train can stop at the station? Wanna check it out!!

Jennifer said...

That's so cool! It's the perfect eye-catching image for a poster. I find your poster a bit more welcoming than the movie one ;)

Janet Isserlis said...

lovely, and then some. yay.

Rebecca said...

That is *super* exciting!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! would love to see an after-defacement photo as well.

~L

Silvia Baroncelli said...

I love your work!

http://silviabaroncelli.blogspot.com/
http://jerseystretch.blogspot.com/

L said...

wow...this is really fun! and ya i think a pair of ray ban glasses would be goofy too! lol. love the lolipop! :D

melanie hope greenberg said...

Love the poster. Glad you got a good photo. I passed it by without camera on the F train. CU on 11/13.

elisa said...

Hi Sophie..
I've noticed an other important thing in that photo... The written "CARROLL" behind you drawing! Carroll like Lewis Carroll, the father of Alice in Wonderland....It's more than a coincidence!congratulation for your wonderful works!!!