Sophie Blackall Illustration

Drawings and Snippets and Breaking News, (but more snippets than breaking news).

Monday, August 23, 2010

Also...



Being obsessed with the stork population of Valladolid (did I mention the storks?) I decided to make everyone a stork picture to take home.
While I was busy with that I was oblivious to the conspiring and whispering and secret production of the most beautiful book of paintings; each student contributing a page. I love it to bits and will treasure it always. And if that wasn't enough, it was presented with musical accompaniment; Mila sang the stork song and clacked her spoons and the acoustics in the museum were amazing and it was an unforgettable end to a very memorable week.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

This "conference" sounds like it was an amazing creative experience! How wonderful to spend so much time collaborating and exchanging ideas with other talented folk.

Murgatroyd said...

Those storks are smashing! I love the idea of everyone being creative 'behind your back' to produce a beautiful momento for you...

julia sáinz cortés said...

I love my stork, I will take it with me wherever I go.
It´s true it seems like a dream now, a very beautiful one.
The book we made for you was so natural... everyone had the need of making something special for someone so special. It was a very touching moment.
Lots of kisses and hugs for you!

ellencrimitrent said...

just found your blog and love your illustrations!! that workshop sounded great!

Lucy Eldridge said...

I just discovered your work aswell in Oh Comely magazine, its amazingly beautiful and creative! wow

Yoli said...

How very sweet that they took the time to do this for you. The storks you made are adorable. I am sure you will carry this time with you forever.

Dean Grey said...

I adore the orange-red color on the storks' bills and feet!

-Dean

Flora Amalie said...

Love the storks!!